it has been awhile since iv'e roasted a pig. but thanks to Sou's birthday the chance has risin yet again. i grew up roasting pigs and goats in cucamonga ca my father and uncles butchered the animals in our backyard. stepping into Sou's east oakland home i was reminded of all the fun it was growing up hella asian.
it's also rad to see Sou's little nephew getting in the mixed and being exposed to the carnage of cooking whole animals.
how does one roast a pig? fairly simple.
1. get friends to dig a big hole
2. get a pig 80lbs will cost about 100$ or so
3. banana leaves
4. bamboo shoots
5. lava rocks or river rock
6. hardwood and charcoal. walnut is best for the meat
7. pre heat rocks
8.stuff rocks into pig
9. cover pig with leaves and wrap with chicken wire
10. set pig on coals
11. cover pigs with wet burlap sacs or wet sheets
12. cover with dirt.
13. drink beers and wait
Sou went to an A's day game. And i moved a couch and made a two pizzas.
stay tuned for photos of the finished product!