Sunday, May 8, 2011

MEGA MEGA MEGA


Southern Exposure's Annual Art Auction 2011 MEGA MEGA MEGA
I was honored to have been asked back to participate on SOEX's auction planning committee once again. The gallery is so fun and is run by a charming bunch of ladies. This year I had the the task of topping my E.T. photo booth. So due to the theme this year I chose to build a money grab air booth. It was really fun to figure out the engineering of such a project. Despite its DIY look I think it was a complete success. It was rad seeing people of all ages participate in the booth. We had some wonderful prizes to win in the booth donated to SOEX from the Academy of Sciences, Delfina and we even gave away some lottery scratchers.

The art was simply amazing and generated some awesome energy during the live auction. Some of my favorites are in the video above. Kelsey Nicholson, Nathan Lynch, Jason Jagel, Amy Casey, Gina Tuzzi. Check out more at SOEX.org for more info and check out their flickr for more photos of the event.

If you know anyone who needs a air booth for their next event, party or fundraiser please contact me at thrownaked@hotmail.com. I believe renting one from anywhere else will run $500 to $1000 I will give a sweet deal!

No comments: